Adopting person – centered care as ‘business as usual’ requires fundamental changes to how services are delivered and to roles – not only those of health care professionals, but of patients too – and the relationships between patients, health care professionals and teams.
Organizational culture can have a big influence on whether teams and individuals feel motivated and able to work in a person-centered way. Support and buy-in from senior leaders, acting as champions for change, can have a powerful effect. Encouraging and empowering staff to change services locally, rather
than imposing solutions, and bringing together a core team to drive change is of crucial importance.
Healthcare professionals usually think the care they provide is already person-centred. However, the evidence shows that this is often not the case. Implementing a culture change program and patient preferred practices
will bridge the gap between the patient and provider’s perception of care.
• Critical elements of a culture of Patient and Family Engaged care
• Logical sequencing for implementation
• Practical examples and solutions for organizations focused of supporting person centered care approaches and culture
• Introduction to the Planetree Person-Centered Certification Program as a framework to advance person-centered care across an organization
Key takeaways for the attendees:
• Increase their ability to draw on the most current literature and scientific evidence to make connections between person- and family-centered approaches to care and improved health and healthcare outcomes
• Be able to identify essential organizational practices, structures and skill-building opportunities that work together to create, strengthen and sustain an organizational culture of person centered care
• Become familiar with tools and strategies for understanding the current state of an organization’s person-centered care culture and identifying gaps
In the past several years, discoveries in human genetics have had significant impacts on virtually all specialties of medicine. In the clinical arena, it is now possible to use the emerging genetic and genomic knowledge to diagnose and treat patients. It is anticipated that such knowledge will revolutionize medical practice and result in an advance in personalized medicine.
Breakthroughs in our understanding of an individual’s unique molecular characteristics, made possible by research and innovation, hold the promise of customized health care. A revolution in the field of human genetics in the past decade is making it possible to personalize the diagnosis and treatment of disease at the individual patient level.
• Genetics for non-genetic medical and healthcare community
• Advances in genetics that enables personalised approach to medicine and lifestyle
• Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics
> Personalized Medicine
> Personalized Nutrition
> Important discoveries in the genomics that will enable advancing the knowledge of how genetics affect human health and disease
>The transformation of the practice of medicine to a more genetics/genomics-based approach
Key takeaways for the attendees:
• Basics of Genetics for non-genetic medical professionals.
• Scientific advances and breakthrough in genetics.
• Patientcare Personalized with genetics.
BII World Ltd.
Suite 1, 5th Floor, City Reach,5 Greenwich View Place,
London, UK E14 9NN
Tel:+44 (0)20 8068 7649
GIQC Middle East FZCO | Part of the BII World
Dubai, PO Box 235382, Building No. 2E | Office Suite 070 | DAFZ | UAE
Tel: +971 4 229 7955
BII World is headquartered in London, UK with regional offices in Dubai, and Bangalore.
BII is a specialist conference & training organizer focusing on the latest trends across strategic industries, technology and innovation.
Copyright 2018 © All Rights Reserved. IPXSymposium